Black social media websites are important to Black people. Often Black webmasters don’t get the recognition they deserve for the hard work, effort and dedication that goes into administrating their websites. Not to mention, these types of websites procure content that gets scrutinized more critically than all other content. For this reason, we have compiled a list of some well known Black websites that have an impact on Black communities all across the globe.
Some of these Black websites, you will know of very well and some of these websites, you may not have been too familiar with. We hope you try all of these great social platforms out and are able to select one as your home.
Keep in mind that this particular review is presenting this list in alphabetical order. This is simply because we don’t want to say one is better than the other when all of these websites have something truly unique and remarkable to add to Black social networking. The only people who can decide which one has a more user friendly platform is to try them all out!
Black social media has recently become popular due to the fact that Black people have felt like their voice was limited on other social media sites in the past. Many complained about their profiles, pages or even groups being restricted or shut down merely due to differences in opinion that have not necessarily conformed with administrators of mainstream websites.
Some people have started signing up at Black websites as a protest to establishments that limit their voice and appear threatened by their speech. Also, some of these bigger websites have been caught using collected data on these websites to enforce racism and discrimination offline, affecting the job market and even the real estate market.
Black In America
1. Blackinamerica.com is a good site that has appeared on CNN. The site has blogging features and a pretty positive user experience. It’s worth checking out and who knows, maybe you will make it your home!
2. Blackjunction.com is a wonderful website in which there are an abundance of features that make sharing, making friends and group chat a fun user experience for the websites users. The website is feature rich with a friendly user community. The site is overall popular and has a large following.
Black Women’s Club
3. Blackwomens.club is an awesome platform for women. The website began as a protest against Black women bashing, in which Black women in particular claim that they feel constantly under attack by Black men. Black Women’s Club website allows Black women to feel and be free and talk about issues that matter to them from politics to chat about weave. This website is a new invention as a retreat for Black women who constantly feel dumped on by everyone including Black men. They say that all are welcomed to join, but Black women run the show there! If you like engaging with Black women or are just a Black woman who wants to build more closeness and sisterly bond with your sistahs, then this is the platform for you. The site is quick and it’s also free and we have not noticed any ads at the time of this review. We actually believe that this is a super website and Black women deserve to have their own platform where they can just concentrate on them!
4. Dotafro.com is a newer website but it shows vast potential. The African website embraces Black people from all walks of the universe and they are very much about empowerment! The atmosphere is nice and the people on that platform are super friendly! You should definitely check them out if you desire an atmosphere where Black people have mastered the art of embracing Black people!
5. Melanatedpeople.net is an awesome popular website where the users can congregate, post and enjoy the resources the website provides. They have a paid option and also a free option to join. The website seems very positive and uplifting and they are definitely worth mentioning! Download their app today! (It’s worth mentioning that this Black social network has an almost 100 percent rating on the Google App Playstore!)
6. Aalbc.com is a great forum with a social networking atmosphere which is why this website was included. The atmosphere is friendly and sometimes the conversations get pretty intense on that platform, but nonetheless, everyone is always pleasant and respectful. If you are just looking to vibe and engage with other Black people about essentially anything, then you definitely want to check these guys out.
We are sure that all of these platforms have something unique to bring to the table as far as Black social networking goes. We recommend trying out as many platforms as you want and then deciding which ones to stay with. They re definitely hot place online for Black people to retreat to, especially when you get tired of the same routine everyday on Facebook and want to try something new.
There is nothing like being around and engaging with people without any restrictions about the daily problems, issues and pleasures of just being who you are. You don’t have to worry about being tracked and you don’t have to worry about anyone telling you that your voice is not important and you are not allowed to express what you truly believe. You don’t have to worry about government intelligence taking statistical data from your content and analyzing you. Just good old fashioned Black social networking.
As an honorable mention, we have to bring up one huge website that has greatly impacted the Black community and has garnered a cult-like following. For this reason, it is not in the review. NubianPlanet.com started the Black Social network movement in 2015 in which they wanted to study and find ways to bring Black people together. They wanted to find out ways to overcome the problem with Black people not wanting to engage on platforms that were created by Black people for Black people.
NubianPlanet.com has unique social networking features in which their target audience and user base finds the site very useful and fun to engage on. Nubian Planet has posted many viral articles about relevant issues that effect the Black community. Signup is super easy as you can sign up with Twitter, Google or Facebook and create an account in 3 seconds. The focus of Nubian Planet is not only to bring Black people together, but create a platform where they can have fun, make friends and network with each other to build.
In fact, building is their primary focus! They allow members to create business pages, sell items, network, chat or group chat and the list keeps going on.
In summary, join one of these fantastic Black social networks today and help these websites to all grow. Finally, we can have our own Twitter and Facebook sites! Don’t be afraid. This is needed in the Black community and the sooner you make up your mind to support these awesome websites, the sooner you can start building with your people!
Have we missed a worthy website? If so, and you would like to see a another relevant Black Social network listed, please hit us up so we can include the platform or website. Furthermore, if your website has been included in this review and you would like for it to excluded, please contact us through this website or our Facebook page at facebook.com/blackpeoplemovingforward and we will exclude your website.
Thank you and we hope you have enjoyed these websites.
ABOUT THIS REVIEW
In choosing the websites we recommended we looked at a varying array of factors. One of the most important factors was that the software used was to a cms (content management system) controlled by the administrator of the website. We wouldn’t feel honest or comfortable if we referred our readers to websites that are merely hosted by other platforms. This is because the platforms hosting these websites would be who the users were actually signing up for. We find that these platforms are too limited to grow as necessary and the developer doesn’t have enough control over their users information and how it is used as well as being able to upgrade their software based on the requirements of their users.
Another key factor we looked into was popularity. All of the networks mentioned have at least some following and therefore, users are already familiar with these platforms. They are well promoted and the general public has already shown a basic interest in these websites.
Also, we went by the user experience on these platforms which seems to be good overall for all of the websites mentioned. This is a key factor that is important and necessary in order for these platforms to grow. People must already display that they already enjoy and want to keep using these platforms.